Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No Bake Rocky Road Cookies

I wanted to whip up a quick treat to greet my son when he came home from his first day of 4th grade. I found them on the Mrs. Fields blog and thought they looked yummy. I never think to make no bake cookies, I loved them when I was little. They remind me of going to my best friend, Laura's house to play. Her mom always had the yummiest cookies for us to eat. This is a fun twist on the no bake cookies we have all had.

No Bake Rocky Road Cookies
adapted from Mrs. Fields blog

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup (one stick) butter
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
In a heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk to a boil. Allow it to boil for one minute, then add peanut butter and vanilla and stir until combined. Remove from heat. Stir in the oatmeal, marshmallows, nuts, and chocolate chips. With an ice cream scoop, form balls of dough and set on wax or parchment paper until cool.